Strategic Radiology (SR) has strengthened its Midwest presence with the addition of Central Illinois Radiological Associates (CIRA). With the addition of CIRA, the SR network of radiology group practices now numbers 17 and includes more than 1,200 radiologists.
“Now was the perfect time for us to connect with this progressive group of like minded, forward thinking physicians who make up the Strategic Radiology family,” said Sean Meagher, MD, President of CIRA in the press release. “The opportunity to share best practices on a national scale of this scope will provide our organization additional opportunities to stay on the leading edge of clinical quality, patient safety, and radiologic technology innovations.”
CIRA is based in Peoria, Ill, and operates out of 16 different medical facilities throughout the Midwest. The practice is made up of 77 radiologists that offer expertise in a variety of subspecialty areas, including neurointerventional surgery, vascular and interventional radiology, diagnostic radiology, breast imaging and intervention, women’s imaging, cardiothoracic imaging, neuroradiology, nuclear medicine, oncologic imaging, musculoskeletal imaging, and pediatric radiology.
The other SR members are:
• Advanced Radiology Services, Grand Rapids, Mich
• Austin Radiological Association, Austin, Tex
• Charlotte Radiology, Charlotte, NC
• Diversified Radiology, Denver'
• Hill Medical Corporation, Arcadia, Calif
• Inland Imaging, Spokane, Wash
• Jefferson Radiology, Hartford, Cont
• Mountain Medical Physician Specialists, Salt Lake City, Utah
• Northwest Radiology, Indianapolis, Ind
• Quantum Radiology, Atlanta
• Radiology Associates of North Texas, Fort Worth, Tex
• Radiology Associates of South Florida, Miami
• Radiology Ltd., Tucson, Ariz
• Riverside Radiology and Interventional Associates, Columbus, Ohio
• Southwest Diagnostic Imaging, Phoenix, Ariz, and affiliates Scottsdale Medical Imaging
and Valley Radiologists
• University Radiology, East Brunswick, NJ